Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Share on Social Media

Main Office: Ontario Canada

Allied Employment & Immigration Services
55 Town Centre Crt, Unit 700, Scarborough ON
M1P 4X4 Canada

Tel: +1(416)290-5763

Tel: +1(647)830-5763


Cesar Acuna Email add:

Rhoda Duclayan Email add:

SKYPE ID: join.allied



Canada’s Two New Caregiver Immigration Pilots Now Open For Applications


Jun 19, 2019 – Canada’s two new pilots for caregiver immigration opened for applications on Tuesday June 18, 2019, the federal government has announced.

The Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots both offer a direct pathway to permanent residence, and allow applicants to bring family members with them to Canada.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) says each new pilot has a maximum of 2,750 principal applicants, for a total of 5,500 principal applicants per year, plus their immediate family.

Candidates are only eligible for an initial occupation-specific work permit if they have a Canada job offer in hand and provided they meet standard criteria for economic immigration programs.

Once they have accumulated two years of work experience, the pathway to permanent residence is guaranteed.

Important Features of Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots

  • Occupation-specific work permits instead of employer-specific work permits, to allow candidates to change jobs.
  • Open work permits and/or study permits for immediate family members.
  • Guaranteed permanent residence. Once two years of work experience is accumulated, candidates will be able to become permanent residents quickly.

Initial applications to the new pilots have a target processing time of 12 months. Applications for permanent residence after accumulating two years of experience have a target processing time of six months.

The Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots replace the Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilots, as of June 18, 2019.

Caregivers who were working towards applying to expiring pilots can now apply through either of the new pilots.

Those who applied through the old system before June 18 will have their applications processed through to a final decision.

With the move to occupation-specific work permits, employers no longer need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before hiring a caregiver from overseas.

Requirements: Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots

  • Job offer
  • CLB 5 language level
  • 1 year of Canadian post-secondary education or foreign equivalent
  • Admissibility

Applying From Outside Canada

Step 1: Get a Work Permit

  1. Submit applications for permanent residence and work or study permit(s) for yourself and your family.
  2. Get an occupation-specific work permit to obtain the work experience you need for permanent residence.
  3. Get work or study permits for your spouse or common-law partner and children to come with you.

Step 2. Permanent Residence Finalized

Once two years of work experience is completed, submit proof to IRCC to get permanent residence.

Applying From In Canada

Candidates who already have work experience as an in-home caregiver in Canada can choose one of two options:

1) Use the 2-step process outlined above, then complete two years of experience to get permanent residence.

2) Keep working in Canada with current work permit and apply for permanent residence once 2 years of work experience are complete, provided general requirements are met.

In order for us to determine if you are qualified under the Caring for Children Pilot Program or Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pilot Program please complete our Assessment Form for caregiver program (CLICK HERE) and send to

Discover how ALLIED Immigration Services can assist you in applying for Canadian Permanent Residency under Express Entry Program, please read on how we PROCESS your application under the new caregiver pathway program.